AVAILABLE The Currency Formatter plugin rewrites the currency into a much more readable format, especially with larger numbers.
It was originally inspired by the scriptlets I did for RMVX and RMVXA to split larger currency numbers with commas, thus 100000 is shown as 100,000. In MV, 1,000 becomes 1k and 1,000,000 becomes 1m.
And because I just like a cleaner, neater format.
|Release Date:||v1.0 – 7 January 2016|
|Last Update:||7 January 2016|
- Add commas to large numbers, i.e. 100000 becomes 100,000.
- Replace trailing zeros with words, i.e. 100,000 becomes 100k.
- v188.8.131.52 (07-Jan-2017)
–RELEASE: Version 1.2 (Public)
- v184.108.40.206 (04-Jan-2017)
–TWEAK: Add support for "billion" in case gold max amount is increased
- v220.127.116.11 (14-Aug-2016)
–UPDATE: Cleaned/tidied code
- v18.104.22.168 (26-Mar-2016)
–RELEASE: Version 1.1 (Public)
- v22.214.171.124 (26-Mar-2016)
–BUG FIX: "shortValue not found" error (for some reason it was missing)
–TWEAK: Truncate comma string with toLocaleString(). This is to address some international preferences for periods instead of commas
- v126.96.36.199 (06-Jan-2015)
–RELEASE: Version 1.0 (Public)
- v0.0.3.2 (05-Jan-2016)
–TWEAK: Add extra digit to large number suffix output
–BUG FIX: Numbers not rendering correctly
- v0.0.3.0 (04-Jan-2017)
–ADD: Large number suffixes
–ADD: Plugin options
–ADD: Comma conversion
I decided to see how – and if – it would work in a JGSS environment. Of course it wasn’t as simple or straightforward as I thought it would be, so it took me ages to figure out the correct Math formatting. When I did, this plugin resulted.
There are no additional plugin settings to change.
- Currency position (left/right)
- Custom icon instead of currency text
- Message text options to change settings in-game
- Option to specifically truncate currency in shops